Are you struggling with…?
- I’ve been told I need to euthanize my pet
- My pet has passed away
- My pet experienced a traumatic death
- I’m not coping with the death of my pet
- I feel guilty regarding how my pet died
- I don’t know whether to get another pet
- My pet has a serious medical condition
- My pet experienced a traumatic injury
- I’m not sure whether to rehome my pet
- I had to rehome my pet
- My pet may need surgery
- My pet has had surgery
- My pet is missing
I believe friends, confidantes, soul mates and best friends come in all shapes, sizes and forms, including the form of a pet. It makes perfect sense you may experience overwhelm, heartbreak, confusion, anger, anxiety, and many other thoughts and feelings when you go through these challenging times.
Having someone who can truly listen and help you to unravel the myriad of thoughts and emotions you are experiencing, can provide you with much needed guidance, comfort and support.
I’m also a trauma therapist, having undertaken several courses with the Blue Knot Foundation (National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma). I also worked as a Trauma Therapist prior to starting my own business. Many of us experience trauma, as well as grief, when going through the situations above. It’s important to have a therapist who is aware of trauma-informed practice during these times.
Please don’t suffer in silence. I take pet loss seriously, and I will take you seriously.